Multi skilled Maintenance Engineer
Your new company
C4S Search are pleased to be working with a marketing leading Manufacturing Company.
What you will need to succeed
• It is essential that you are qualified in a relevant engineering trade with 4 + years of engineering experience and an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
• You will have a full understanding of mechanical processes and assemblies including Electrical or welding/fabrication experience
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Flexibility with a positive attitude and the ability to work well within a team
• Food manufacture experience desirable
• IEE 17th or 18th Edition desirable
• PLC experience desirable
• Air and pneumatics trained desirable
• Boiler Operator Accreditation Scheme (BOAS) certification desirable
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assist in building an up-to-date PPM system and ensuring planned maintenance is carried out professionally and promptly.
• Ensure the Engineering maintenance carried out in line with the current schedule and effective and efficient corrective action is taken.
• Quick and effective response to breakdowns, where possible identifying root cause and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
• Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to the Shift Supervisor / Mill Manager and work with the operations department to minimise plant disruption.
• Reporting and tracking lost time, cause of breakdowns, record parts used/required
• Follow good engineering standards and good hygiene practice for the department.
• Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety and environmental guidelines reporting any issues
• Assist in PUWER, LOLER, Risk Assessments and fall out work associated.
• Proficient in engineering operations whilst working in hazardous environments (Confined Space Entry, Hot working in confined spaces, WAH)
• Proficient in site services work procedures.
• Participate in Mechanical projects and installations - Elevators, conveyors, machine installs, machine refurbishment.
• Participate in Electrical projects and installations - Panel manufacture and installation, PLC upgrades, PAT testing, thermographic surveying.
• Follow the communicated escalation route for unscheduled plant downtime and minimise downtime by following a good engineering practice.
• Demonstrate understanding of environmental impacts - DSEAR, Dust controls and Explosion mitigation.
What you will get in return
As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be paid a salary of £33,000
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call Josh Hunt to discuss this further
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
C4S Search is an award-winning talent acquisition business for the supply of permanent and contract workers across STEM Sectors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics.)