Joining an apprenticeship with Mars will give you the opportunity to gain amazing experience, learn new skills and earn real money from day one. You’ll be joining a community of like-minded people, including lots of other apprentices and spending time between college and one of our UK sites.
We are offering a scheme in Manufacturing which involves you taking part in fantastic training courses and team building events, whilst tackling real challenges and taking on real responsibility. You’ll need to be a great team player and communicator, with the motivation to get results and a positive mind set. As a Mars Apprentice you will gain a professional qualification, as well as on the job experience.
This is an exciting 3 year Apprenticeship, where you will be working towards the L3 Advanced Food Process Operator qualification.
What are we looking for?
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Grade C (4) or above in Maths, English, Science and two others
- A demonstrable interest in leadership
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The desire to learn
- Willing and able to travel to our Birstall site and Selby college
What would be your key responsibilities?
The Birstall Manufacturing apprenticeship is a 3 year programme designed to give real hands on experience. You will also receive mentorship and coaching from experienced operations associates, as well as many development opportunities to ensure you reach your potential.
Working alongside our Operations teams you will be;
- Developing leadership skills to enable you to lead a team to achieve results
- Learning how to operate, diagnose faults and repair our equipment
- Supporting the manufacturing of safe, quality products
On successful completion of the Manufacturing apprenticeship you will move into a Lead Operator role at our Birstall factory, this will be shift based and see you working as part of a team.
The primary role of a Lead Operator at Mars is to demonstrate leadership, ownership and accountability for a number of machines, processes or pieces of equipment and carry out complex operational tasks required on one or more production lines.
The Lead Operator will coordinate a small team of operators to achieve line KPIs and take the lead in repairing mechanical breakdowns having a contributory influence over a whole line's performance.
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pets enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: Monday 8th February, 2021. Please note that we may close for applications earlier depending on the number of applications received.