Are you interested in joining Howdens as a Manufacturing Apprentice? Howdens can offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career, with great earning potential where you will learn and develop new skills based at our manufacturing site in Runcorn, Cheshire starting from September 2024.
We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who can demonstrate the potential to become an integral part of our business. Our culture is fast paced and entrepreneurial and as a Howdens employee there is an opportunity for real career progression and excellent benefits.
We have a successful track record of developing our people through the Howdens apprenticeship scheme where you will gain recognised skills and qualifications and be fully supported through mentoring and training. The apprenticeship:
This is a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be based at our training provider, Riverside College Halton, and will be based full time at the college during the first year of your apprenticeship.
What we're looking for:
- Year 1 - You will learn the basics of engineering and support systems and you will complete practical and theoretical training in a number of engineering subjects
- Year 2 - You will attend college on a day release basis continuing your underpinning knowledge alongside working at our manufacturing site in Runcorn where you will have the opportunity to work with key equipment and undertake practical learning across the site
- Year 3 - You will attend college on a day release basis and will continue your onsite training whilst working towards completing your qualifications and L3 apprenticeship end point assessment
- Year 4 - On completion of your apprenticeship and end point assessment, you will gain a Level 3 Engineering Technician qualification in Technical Support
What we can offer you:
- 3 predicted or achieved GCSE Grade 4 (or equivalent) which must include Maths, English, Science & Technology
- Confident communication and natural problem solving skills
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills and knowledge
Application and Assessment Process
- Competitive apprenticeship salary (and monthly production bonus after your first year)
- A permanent role with Howdens upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Excellent pension scheme (company contribution of up to 12%)
- Exceptional training and development programme
- Apprentice community of over 600 apprentices across the UK and graduation ceremony on completion of programme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy additional days
- Free daily lunch at our onsite restaurant and free onsite parking
- Exceptional reward and recognition events
Howdens will be attending the Riverside College Apprentice Open Event on 12 th March 2024. Your application will be carefully reviewed, and we will respond to all applicants after this date.
If you are shortlisted, a member of our recruitment team will contact you to discuss the next steps. The process will include an onsite interview and assessment day at Riverside College. Good luck with your application. About Howdens:
Howdens Joinery is the UK's number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe - making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals. Last year our sales reached circa 2.3bn, and we have an ambitious growth agenda.
Howdens is founded on the principle of being Worthwhile for ALL concerned. We're working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, please email (url removed) with the job title and location, and we will be happy to help you.