Are you interested in joining Howdens as a Manufacturing Apprentice? Howdens Joinery can offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career, with great earning potential where you will learn and develop new skills based at our Howden site in Yorkshire.
We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who can demonstrate the potential to become an integral part of our business. Our culture is fast paced and entrepreneurial and as a Howdens Joinery employee there is an opportunity for real career progression and excellent benefits.
We have a successful track record of developing our people through the Howdens Joinery Apprenticeship Scheme where you will gain recognised skills and qualifications and be fully supported through mentoring and training.
This is a 4-year apprenticeship where you will be based at our training provider, Doncaster College, and need to attend full time at the college during the first year of your apprenticeship.
- Year 1 - You will learn the basics of manufacturing and will complete practical and theoretical training
- Year 2 - Your second year will be split between college and our manufacturing site in Howden where you will have the opportunity to work with key equipment and undertake practical learning across the site. This will support you in understanding the equipment you will be responsible for, build key relationships and learn from your colleagues.
- Year 3 - You will continue your onsite training and attend college one day per week
- Year 4 - Your final year will be full time on site where you will work towards your end point assessment for the Level 3 Engineering Technician qualification
What we're looking for:
- 3 predicted or achieved GCSE Grade 4 (or equivalent) or above, which must include Maths, English, Science and Technology
- A passion for manufacturing with natural problem-solving skills
- Confident communication skills, someone who is able to collaborate with colleagues across the manufacturing team
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills and knowledge
What we can offer you:
- Competitive apprenticeship salary and bonus after your first year
- A permanent role with Howdens upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Pension plan with core 6% employer contribution, further 2% matching available
- Exceptional training and development programme
- Apprentice community of over 600 apprentices across the UK
- Graduation ceremony on completion of programme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy additional days
- Free lunch at our onsite restaurant and free onsite parking
- Exceptional reward and recognition events
Howdens is the UK's number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe - making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals.
As a British manufacturer, we were founded on the principle that the business should be worthwhile for all concerned. That includes our customers, the homeowners they serve, the local communities we operate in, local and national charities, our large network of suppliers, our investors, and of course our people.
Our commitment to these areas has led to many accolades, which include being voted in the Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for by the Sunday Times in 2020. We also hold a Royal Warrant by Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen to supply goods and services to Royal Households since 2015. And in 2020, the Mintel group named us as the UK's number one supplier of trade kitchens