Maintenance Technician (Multi-Skilled)
Up to £39,000 per annum
Panama Shift Position
Major Technical is working in partnership with a UK manufacturer to recruit a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician.
Panama is a pattern of Monday-Sunday, with a mix of 11-hour Early and Late shifts, working 6am to 6pm / 6pm to 6am, working an average of seven days in every 14.
Main Duties and Tasks:
* Respond to mechanical, electrical or system failure of equipment or services. Assess necessary work and spares requirements, ensuring priorities are recognised. Work on your own or with other Technicians to rectify breakdown in a timely manner and complete necessary reports to provide machine breakdown history that comply with IATF requirements.
* Work with other departments to resolve quality issues and improvements and be able to assess recommend and construct detailed reports of failures and improvements and be able to assess spares, new equipment requirements and have an appreciation of the cost implications involved.
* Conduct regular scheduled maintenance according to equipment specifications. This will include servicing of equipment in line with OEM recommendations, the replacement of worn & defective parts, diagnosis and recommendation for fault rectification and completing reports to provide the appropriate records. Write and improve PM task sheets for others to follow using manuals and local machine knowledge.
* Installation - be actively involved, be a member of the commissioning team for the installation of plant and equipment, including machine tools. This includes unloading, positioning, levelling, and commissioning of machine tools and equipment, to the recognised standards.
* Quality - ensures that machine tools are operating at their optimum performance levels.
* Housekeeping - takes those steps necessary to maintain a clean and tidy work area, including arranging for all waste to be removed before it becomes obstructive, in accordance with the environmental guidelines.
* Provide comprehensive and regular feedback to the Maintenance Manager on all projects, issues and changes
* Utilise and Update CMMS and work to on current priorities.
* Produce drawings and other documentation detailing changes and new procedures
* Engineering craft trained to apprenticeship standard.
* Full Engineering City & Guilds Certificate/ONC/HNC/HND.
* Preferred: NVQ Engineering Maintenance Level 3, Process Engineering Maintenance Level 3 or Maintaining Plant and Systems (Instrument and Control, Mechanical and Electrical) Level 3.
* Substantial evidence of competency in a related field.
* A sound background in engineering principles and practices, preferably in a machining environment, with practical knowledge of repair and maintenance of Machine Tools, Automation, Power Presses and Heat Treatment
* Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Experience of delivering small to medium projects
* Have excellent practical skills for using hand tools and machinery.
* Computer literate
* Be able to understand technical manuals and engineering drawings.
* Be able to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
* Can recognise and repair potential safety hazards.
* Is up to date with recent technologies in appropriate disciplines.
* Good analytical skills and excellent problem solver.
* Shows eagerness to find the most economical solution, both in time and money.
* Be familiar with writing reports on breakdowns or improvements.
* Holidays - 17 days total holiday per annum (this is the equivalent of 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory holidays for a five-day week worker)
* Defined contribution pension scheme - 6% employer contribution if employee contributes 3% of pay
* Life assurance cover