Business: Originally founded as Prosper De Mulder Limited in 1926; SARIA s UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain. The Group s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching £280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
Applications are invited for a Maintenance Shift Fitter based at our SARVAL Ltd, Nottingham Site. This is a full time permanent position, working 12 hour shifts (days) on a rotating 4 on / 4 off shift pattern (average 42 hours per week). Upon the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period, there is a requirement to cover call outs in the event of a breakdown (on a rota basis).
As a Maintenance Shift Fitter, your duties and responsibilities will vary on the Company s requirements, but will include:
- Day to day maintenance of all plant and machinery.
- Conduct risk assessments on all jobs before undertaking any work / tasks.
- To install and maintain new and existing equipment, whilst ensuring production is not interrupted.
- Assist with carrying out hands on mechanical engineering routines, in accordance with the planned preventative maintenance systems (PPM), to minimise plant downtime, and ensure that the plant operates to the standards laid down in the appropriate legislation.
- Ensure that all logs and job sheets are filled in as required.
- Ensure that the working area is clean and tidy on completion of any job / task.
- Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others within the workplace and comply with all health and safety procedures.
- Assisting other mechanical / operational departments when required.
- Had a time served apprenticeship or recognised Mechanical Engineering certification/qualification, or equivalent.
- Previous engineering experience within a process / factory environment.
- To be able to work on own initiative.
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and produce appropriate solutions to reduce disruption to working processes.
- Have a calm and methodical approach to work and be able to work under pressure within time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Please apply in writing with your CV to HR Department, Ings Road, Doncaster, DN5 9TL or email
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV s being received.