Maintenance Engineer required for a manufacturer and supplier of metal products based in Braintree. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have previous industry experience in a similar role. The role will be to assist the maintenance team in planned maintenance and breakdown repairs throughout the site
Maintenance Engineer - Metals Position Overview
- Assist the planning of breakdown maintenance of the whole site.
- Assist the planning and implementation of new project installations.
- Assist engagement and liaison with sub-contractors vehicles service operators and insurance inspectors.
- One maintenance team engineer will be member of the Health and Safety Committee (currently Maintenance Supervisor) and the team are to implement any of the requirements identified along with any other compliance issues.
- Assist in purchasing maintenance related products and services. Maintain efficient maintenance spares and factory consumables store.
- Routine production related tasks.
- Site Security.
- Assist in the management of staff overalls.
- Assist in management of company vehicles (Forklifts, Cherry Picker, Van etc).
- Supervision of labourers working in your immediate area.
- Assist in Lean Manufacturing initiatives and tidiness of your area.
- Assist in Supervising of apprentices/trainees when allocated to the maintenance department.
- Provide full support to all maintenance team.
- Provide feedback to your line supervisor/manager.
- Suggest improvements to procedures, equipment, operating methods etc. to increase efficiency.
- Work to provide results in a timely manner in accordance with planned dates/times.
Training will be provided on specific systems and machinery, but you should have a good understanding of mechanical and preferably electrical engineering and be able to learn the roles above quickly.
Maintenance Engineer - Metals Position Requirements
- Apprenticeship minimum to NVQ Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering (Craft and Technician)/Foundry.
- Hydraulics and pneumatics training/experience.
- Electrical qualifications - Electrical Maintenance basics at a minimum.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification advantageous
- Ideally, 3+ years' experience as a maintenance Technician/engineer.
- Experience 3+ years of team working (2 or more people).
- Ideally have 5 GCSE's including Math & English and Science (C or above).
- A working knowledge of Windows and MS Office
MS Office, Outlook, Word and Excel most importantly.
Maintenance Engineer - Metals Position Remuneration
12.12 - 13.68/hr, dependant on qualifications and experience, with review in 13 weeks and next formal review in 12 months. You will also receive a production related bonus, calculated and paid monthly (not guaranteed). £1 per hour worked for standard hours only (x39 hours = £39.00 per week).
Hourly rate including bonus £13.12 - 14.68 /hour.
- Weekday and Saturday overtime - x1.5
- Weekend Sunday overtime - x2
Note: Overtime rate is only paid after 39 standard hours are completed per week.
- Attendance Bonus £1 per hour worked (standard contracted hours only)
- Annual Bonus (not Guaranteed
- Mon - Thurs 7.00am - 3.30pm
- Fri 7.00am - 2.30pm
- 20-minute break 9.55am - 10.15am (paid)
- 30-minute break 12.30pm - 1.00pm (unpaid)
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.