Apprentice Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance EngineerJob Description
Equinix is one of the largest growing Data Centre’s increasing connectivity between clients worldwide. Currently recruiting for strong Engineers to be part of a strong team with exposure to critical infrastructure & data centre activities. Equinix is a 24/7 shift environment in a company who partners with the premier cloud providers in the globe. This position is Monday – Friday (one-day release for college).
- Attend college and achieve
- Work to complete Site based Level 3 NVQ Portfolio Competence Building
- Work with qualified technicians on Facility/Infrastructure Maintenance
- Performs site inspections and monitors the building and IBX alarms
- Performs preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures) under the supervision and guidance of qualified technicians.
- Site Administration
- Completion of site logs and data gathering for permits, such as MOPs and scripts
- Assists more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as directed
- May begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
- Completes basic work requests and circuit installations
- Contributes to ongoing infrastructure projects
- Carry out small works projects i.e. lighting upgrades etc under the supervision of qualified technicians.
- GCSE Mathematics, English Language Grade A-D or be prepared to work towards functional skills Level 2 in English and Mathematics.