Ability to set, program and operate CNC milling machine to machine parts to specifications.
• Manufacture parts and components in a low volume production environment to engineering drawings.
• Manufacture or modify tooling, such as jigs, fixtures, and moulds.
• Lay out and verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring and marking equipment and knowledge of trigonometry.
• Ability to achieve times specified on job travellers as indicated by Production Engineering to meet production requirements.
• Ability to utilise Epicor systems for logging work times to maintain booking compliance.
• Active involvement in improving workshop facilities as part of the lean program.
The successful candidate will have time served craft apprenticeship and a minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering with proven experience as a Machine Operator. The ideal candidate will be skilled in CNC milling with experience / knowledge in manual milling and possess a proven track record to include manual machining. Prior experience in operating either of the following machines is desirable: Hurco BX40i CNC Vertical machining centre, control - Winmax 5 multi-screen operator programmable or Parkson vertical machining centre VB-2016, control - Fanuc series OI-MC. It is essential to be able to understand and machine to ISO engineering drawing and to work to close tolerances. You should be competent in using measuring equipment e.g., micrometers and vernier calipers and have basic IT skills