Level 3 Electrical Apprenticeship - College to start in September 2024
An exciting opportunity has become available to join MPower Electrical Ltd as an Electrical Apprentice. We have 2 new vacancies available to join our growing team.
This is an opportunity to work within a fast paced, project driven environment on our commercial projects in and around the East of England to include Essex, Herts, Kent and London.
The ideal Electrical Apprentice would be a proactive individual who can work well both within a team while using their initiative and is driven to want to learn and develop within the electrical sector. They must be able to complete tasks both onsite and during college to the best of their ability.
They must be a dedicated individual and be able to demonstrate on their current CV a strong work ethic.
Head office in Chelmsford however work covers Essex, Hertfordshire, London areas.
The position will require the applicant to be working towards their Level 3 Electrical Installation which would include attending college 1 day per week (day release) for 3 years. 4th year attending site full time and completing NVQ Assessment and AM2 (End point practical assessment).
The candidate must be able to attend either Harlow, Havering or Hertford Regional College in September 2024
The working week runs Monday Friday (Occasional Saturdays site dependant.) This includes paid attendance for college once per week.
Working hours are 07:30 till 16:30 4 days a week and 1-day release for college. Breaks when working onsite are paid.
Practical Training to include:
- 1st fix and 2nd fix wiring connections for lighting and power
- LV panels, dis-board and consumer units
- Testing and verification
- Steel wired armoured cabling and termination
- Recently introduced Eco installation module (EV Charging Points, Heat Pumps etc)
- CSCS Health and Safety pass / CSCS Card (If you do not have either if these cards upon time of application you can still apply for 1st stage application).
- GCSE Grades C or higher In English, Maths and Science.
- Also, must have either studied a City and Guilds Diploma in Electrical Installation Level 2 or have taken equivalent qualification such as A Levels or BTech National Diploma.
- Holder of a clean UK Driving Licence (as must be able to travel to various construction sites).
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping are a must.
- Proactive and willing to learn.
- Due to Health and Safety Site Restrictions the age limit for applications is over 17 years of age.
- Competitive Rates of Pay Paying above basic minimum apprenticeship wage.
- 20 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays growing to 25 Days holiday depending on qualification passed and then length of service.
- Paid travel allowance of £90 per week towards car or train travel.
- Inhouse 6 monthly performance appraisals.