We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Lettings Apprentice role at CityWest Homes Residential.
Under the direction of the manager, take on the practical aspects of the lettings business such as registering & qualifying applicants, conducting property viewings, ‘closing’ offers, securing deals between landlords and tenants and administration required to progress the tenancy thereafter. To achieve targets within the CWHR business plan and assist to grow the business and to conduct valuation appointments with clients.
City West Homes provides high-quality housing services for over 12,000 social housing tenants and 9,000 leaseholders in central London, on behalf of Westminster City Council.
In March 2009, CityWest Homes Homes launched CityWestHomes Residential (CWHR) offering a range of sales, lettings and property management services to those Westminster City Council leaseholders and also private sector landlords within the borough.
Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English, You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets. Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business
Location: near Hyde Park Corner Station, London.
CityWest Homes was voted Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for.
Their mission is to create places where people are proud to live. It is important to us that we make a positive contribution to the communities we serve. They do this by providing high-quality homes, delivering excellent services, involving their residents in everything they do and supporting neighbourhoods. They support their staff to deliver great results.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Under the direction of the manager, responsible for registering properties on the CWHR site including marketing descriptions.
- Registering and qualifying applicants expressing an interest in properties marketed by CWHR.
- Arrange and conduct qualified viewings with a view of ‘closing’ an offer
- Arrange property viewings. Liaise with landlords over applicant’s offer with a view to securing a deal.
- Undertake necessary administrative tasks to progress the deal to completion
- Interrogate existing databases to identify potential leads from leaseholders in WCC stock with expiring sublets and undertake appropriate marketing.
- Establish and maintain relationships with landlords instructing CWHR to undertake services, providing a high level of customer service in all dealings regardless of whether it’s only tenant find or full management in order to maintain a loyal client base.
- Establish and maintain relationships with tenants seeking properties listed with CWHR or in properties under CWH management. Provide a high-level of customer service and build loyalty.
- Conduct valuation presentations using comparables and experience to ‘win the client’
- Work with manager to promote a high and professional profile in the local community. Be continually alert to business opportunities, seeking additional landlords and properties to build the number of available properties.
- Assist the manager with the management of our database.
- Assist with any other administrative duties associated with CWHR as required.
- Hours are 9 am to 6pm, Mon-Fri.
Salary is £15,600 + Commission OTE £34,090
Training and future prospects
Property Services: Residential Letting and Management Advanced level 3. Training and qualification will be delivered by CityWest Home Residential.
A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a range of customers and stakeholders to create effective working relationships.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have previous sales experience (retail or call centres are suitable).