Lecturer in Bricklaying
Full time (37hrs per week, all year round)
Salary; Up to £33,000 per annum, including Market Force Supplement (depending on experience and qualifications)
Location; Rotherham College, South Yorkshire
Are you ready to take your next step in your career?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Bricklaying lecturer to join our expanding team here at Rotherham passing on your knowledge and expertise and influencing the next generation of skilled tradespeople.
The role of lecturer is to equip our students with skills for their future through the delivery of outstanding education and training and inspire students to achieve their potential. This role offers you the opportunity to do this every day. It is the job satisfaction that comes from this that makes a teaching role special.
In this role you will be delivering on City & Guilds Bricklaying qualifications from Level 1 to Level 3, to full and part time students and apprentices. You will work in our well-equipped workshops and online though our virtual learning environment, using Google Classroom.
Have you got what it takes to be successful?
The successful candidate will play an important role in developing creative resources to inspire outstanding learning and will be responsible for the monitoring and tracking of learner progress to promote positive outcomes for learners.
Candidates should be an effective and motivated team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues and management to achieve strategic and organisational objectives.
You will hold a vocational qualification at Level 3 have a teaching qualification and be willing to work towards an assessors award.
The key roles of a Lecturer are to deliver excellent teaching, completing the relevant preparation and marking that supports this, and to set SMART targets to enable students to reach their potential.
You will be able to bring the subject to life, using combined methods of practical, theoretical and digital which will engage your learners and provide them with the best skills, knowledge and behaviours for the future.
- You will report directly to a Curriculum Team Leader who supports the Curriculum Manager and the Senior Leadership Team.
- You will play an active role in the curriculum team, working with key stakeholders such as Curriculum Team Leaders, Curriculum Manager, and student experience team and student support etc.
- You will also build good working relationships with other key stakeholders such as the English & Maths Teams.
- You will regularly report on your objectives to update your Curriculum Team Leader regarding a range of KPI s including (but not limited to) student recruitment, retention, skills progress, anticipated achievement, attendance and punctuality.
- You will work with other teaching & delivery staff to develop and share good practice in the area.
- You may be required to participate in cross college teams or working groups on key projects.
Our excellent benefits and rewards package:
- Access to teachers pension
- Up to 50 days annual leave per year
- Access to our gyms, restaurants and salons
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including inhouse Occupational Health service
- Full, part time and flexible working hours available in many roles
- Parking available at all of our sites
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications
Striving for Excellence!
RNN Group s main goal is to be an outstanding education and training provider and this is at the heart of everything that we do. To help us achieve this we are looking to recruit highly motivated, innovative and dynamic individuals to join our existing teams. To be a part of the team at RNN Group we will expect you to be committed to our values too;
- We are Inclusive,
- We have Integrity,
- We Deliver,
- We are One Team.
We celebrate diversity and are proud to have been recognised as Investors in Diversity for our work on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, faith or disability. We are also proud to be part of the Disability Confidence Scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. All new employees will be required undertake a DBS check.
If you require further information about this vacancy please contact the HR department on or