We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Jr Account Exec Apprentice role at Positive Marketing.
The apprentice will be working with an Account Executive and Account manager to support the execution of media relations. This role will have a lot of variation - one day you could be writing a press release, another day speaking to journalists, performing Google searches and data reporting.
One day you could be writing a press release, another day speaking to journalists, performing Google searches, taking research data and making headlines of what the data are telling them - this role will have a lot of variation.
Positive Marketing is a boutique consultancy offering hard-to-find marketing and PR services for technology-enthusiast businesses. Their fiercely intelligent consultancy transforms tech companies into tech leaders.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
Location: near Hammersmith underground station, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Monitoring news stories.
- Keeping all contact/journalist databases up to date.
- Ongoing call-downs.
- Analysing data relevant to clients.
- Building strong relationships with journalists, becoming their go-to contact.
- Monitoring social media activity on behalf of clients including:
- Managing Twitter accounts for key clients
- Identify trends for clients to comment on
- Reach out and connect with key influencers on Twitter.
Hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday-Friday. Salary is £14000 - £16000 per year, depending on experience.
Training and future prospects
Digital Marketer Advanced Standard with WhiteHat. As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by: wellbeing, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- A passion for marketing.
- Dedicated, with the ability to use initiative and to work autonomously.
- Diligent, Well-organised, Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.