Commsworld is a leading UK Telecommunications Network Provider and ISP. Their aim is to be Provider of choice for digital connectivity solutions specialising in exceptional delivery to clients across all sectors.
Commsworld is an equal opportunities employer. Commsworld welcome applications from those who have been part of the North Lanarkshire Pathways Programme, care experienced, or have a disability.
As a part of your Apprenticeship, you will also be lucky enough to undertake placements with North Lanarkshire council who support a wide range of infrastructure, projects, education and effect positive changes for those who live and work in the North Lanarkshire region.
This position is for a 2-year fixed term contract with Commsworld Ltd.
In year 1 you will gain a Modern Apprenticeship in IT Professional SCQF Level 6 (comparable to a HNC or first year of university).
In year 2 you will gain a Modern Apprenticeship in IT Professional SCQF Level 8 (comparable to a HND or second year of university).
Interested? Apply today!
- Providing remote 1st Line Support using Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop Operating System
- Answering calls and raising support tickets
- Taking ownership of users issues and identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests
- Providing users with regular communication on the progress of investigations and planned solutions
- Working closely with colleagues in the support team to provide 1st Line Support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed, and revolved swiftly
- Assisting support teams with incident resolution for any on site devices e.g. Smartphones, iPads
- Creating standard documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge base
- Keeping up to date on new technology trends
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documenting internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time in CRM System ConnectWise as they occur.
- Communicating with clients through email with Microsoft Office 365, written proposal and company telecoms.
- Understanding processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Entering all work as activities or service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Diagnosing and resolving software and hardware incidents
- Assisting staff with any logged IT related incident when called upon
- Accurately recording, updating and documenting requests using the IT help-desk system.
- Installing and configuring new IT equipment
- Supporting clients with networking issues
- Running maintenance checks and testing products
- Passion for the IT industry o Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic about providing first class customer service o Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Eagerness to succeed with a willingness to learn
- Strong team player
- Positive working attitude
- Problem solving skills and ability to use own initiative
- Interest in technology trends
- Salary £16,000 per annum
- The salary will be reviewed on completion of the Apprenticeship
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Future Career Progression:
- IT consultancy, System Operation/ Management, Software & Web Developer, Database Architect, Telecoms Engineer, Network Planning & Control, Systems Architecture
"QA s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.