IT Apprenticeship Coach
Location - Remote working
We're looking for an experienced apprenticeship coach to join our team as an ICT Apprenticeship Coach. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in guiding and supporting apprentices through the ICT Apprenticeship Standards, ensuring they acquire the necessary skills and knowledge for success. Responsibilities:
- Provide personalized coaching and technical support to apprentices, assisting them in understanding and applying ICT concepts and practices.
- Collaborate with employers and apprentices to develop tailored project plans that align with the apprenticeship standards, ensuring comprehensive coverage of required competencies.
- Maintain detailed records of apprentice progress, activities, and achievements using our E-portfolio system.
- Prepare apprentices for assessments, including end-point assessments, by delivering targeted training, conducting mock assessments, and offering constructive feedback.
- Deliver engaging training sessions on relevant topics such as technical specifications, security policies, and testing methodologies, incorporating Maths and English Functional skills where appropriate.
- Act as a mentor and guide for apprentices, fostering their personal and professional development through continuous learning and skill enhancement.
- Monitor and evaluate apprentice performance, identifying areas for improvement and implementing strategies to address learning barriers.
- Communicate effectively with internal teams, including the Apprenticeship team and Career Support team, to ensure seamless coordination and support for apprentices.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices, actively seeking opportunities to enhance our apprenticeship delivery and maintain our reputation as a high-quality provider.
- Proven experience in ICT apprenticeship standards or related IT roles, demonstrating a strong understanding of technical concepts and practical applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and motivate learners effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ensuring accurate documentation and timely reporting.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic environment, adjusting coaching approaches to meet individual learner needs.
- Experience in learner/employee development, along with relevant qualifications such as Assessor qualifications (e.g., TAQA, A1)
- Hold IT certifications (e.g., CISCO CCNA, AWS, Azure, CompTIA A+, Network+, ITIL).