As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals.
As one of our Operations Apprentices, you will become part of a team providing excellent service to our clients relating to Placement, Claims and Accounts. This will involve:
- Receiving and action instructions from Willis Re clients, brokers and other third parties, interacting by phone, face-to-face and email communication
- Interpreting and reviewing placement, claims or accounts to ensure they meet high standard client demands and needs
- Supporting internal governance, compliance, risk and operational work
- Background research relating to client projects or internal growth initiatives
- Use of tailored Willis Re IT systems
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts.
Training & Qualifications
This Apprenticeship is a 24-36 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for the CII qualification. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
Completing this programme also forms part of the wider Willis Re Foundational Development Programme. This Programme is unique in the industry and offered to all our apprentices to ensure you have the best platform for a successful re/insurance career at Willis Re.
The programme includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules and learning delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing sales and communication skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, our programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of Willis Re’s world class Learning Academy, which supports career development for all our colleagues, from apprentices through to senior leaders.
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2019.
Skills & Attributes
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications, ideally including subjects such as English, Maths, Economics, Business Studies or Sciences.
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deal professionally with internal and external contacts, building strong working relationships
- Ability to work within a team to high standards and tight timescales
- Ability to analyse situations, provide recommendations and be flexible in approach in order to resolve problems
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-discipline, determination and an appreciation of the demands of studying while working
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to learn
- Be a team player