What does MS Amlin do?
Insurance is a means of protection from financial loss and MS Amlin offer a range of products all over the world to support our clients. As part of Amlin Business Services you will play a part in protecting the business from harm and improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of the services we offer. We operate in Lloyd’s, UK, Continental European and Bermudian markets. We have over 1800 people in more than 20 locations worldwide.
We’re going through an exciting period of modernisation and transformation for which we need entrepreneurial thinkers to help execute our strategic vision for growth. We’re on a dynamic path and we need you to help shape it.
MS Amlin is committed to taking a flexible approach to working, with a Work Life Better scheme to allow our employees more control over when and where they work, while still continuing to meet our client demands. This flexible approach continues into our benefit scheme, with a competitive package and attractive lifestyle fund.
About our Apprenticeship
What does a claims technician actually do?
The purpose of the role is to ensure that claims are handled fairly and efficiently, in line with standards and procedure. You will assist your line manager with a variety of tasks and support the team in carrying out and delivering the underwriting and claims strategy, in partnership with other internal and external stakeholders.
You will work collaboratively within the claims team to deliver a One Team Approach and advance the implementation of the Claims Strategy.
To help us this you will:
- People Performance- Be part of a high performance culture with an emphasis on the quality of claims outcomes.Takes ownership of and drive your own development and work in conjunction with your line manager to ensure you are developed to be the best that you can be. Work with your line manager so that your strengths and development needs are regularly assessed via your Personal Development Review process and that needs are addressed with suitable coaching and training.
- Business Performance – Follow company Claims processes and procedures. Work to team targets and goals and work with the Performance Team to support Claims QA reviews.
- Claims Outcomes - Follow Reserving philosophies and methodologies. Perform in accordance with Key Performance Indicators including cycle times, Service Level Agreements and other agreed measures and ensure performance meets plan/expectations.
- Claims Adjusting - Adjust claims in accordance with agreed authority limits and in line with current MS Amlin claims procedures and service standards.
- Client Liaison - Meet with brokers and Service Providers to discuss existing claims, account development and service. Get a broader understanding of business requirements, claims development, current claims trends and issues, to enhance the client experience and your own development.
As an apprentice what will you be doing?
You will enter a three year rotational programme within the Claims function aimed at developing a breadth and depth of experience and knowledge across our various Claims businesses. You will also spend time within other functions that support how the business write risk. To ensure you develop the correct technical, professional and behavioural skills to be successful in your career, we will provide a range of developmental opportunities along the way. These will include, but not be limited to, professional qualifications and membership (CII), engaging and interactive learning, a buddy system and an opportunity to specialise in an area of interest (subject to business requirements).
By the end of the apprenticeship you will be able to:
- Once you have completed your apprenticeship you will be encouraged to continue to study for the full ACII.
What are we looking for?
What you can expect from us:
A competitive salary and benefits package is a given, but you can also expect:
- A great team and supportive colleagues
- An open mind (especially to new ideas and ways of doing things)
- A strong focus on diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities
- A programme of wellbeing and mental health support
- Employer-supported volunteering (ESV)
- Flexible working
- Continuous learning
- Study support
- Structured career development