An opportunity has arisen for an HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) Engineer Apprentice, to join our clients organisation, who is a Nationwide provider of commercial facilities management and building services. They are a progressive & dynamic building services company formed in 1990. The company are based in Shropshire with a large network of directly employed multi-skilled engineers located throughout the UK. This enables the business to offer their clients a fast and reliable service which is moulded to their individual requirements.
Job Purpose & Main Duties
To assist with a variety of HVAC installation works within a variety of sectors covering the UK, providing a professional service and working in accordance to F-Gas regulations.
- To learn how to assemble, install, test, and maintain HVAC equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools, power tools and test equipment.
- To learn how to diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem attempting, in all instances, to provide a first visit fix.
- To learn now to carry out installation works in accordance with current regulations.
- To dispose of any capture and dispose of any F-Gas in accordance with the latest regulations.
- To work safely from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as moving and lifting heavy objects
To complete and return all paperwork to the office in the agreed time scales using the relevant resources e.g. tablet
These are illustrative duties. The post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work within the company as the needs of the business grow.
Health and Safety
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
- Project Manager(s)
- H&S Manager
- Procurement Coordinators
- Driving License is strongly desirable
In return for your skills and attributes we offer an exciting apprenticeship within a well-known company. We have strong values, a good working environment and are focused on the well-being of the employees. We help each other to become better and are constantly working on continuous improvement.