We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is an HR Coordinator Apprentice role at Improbable.
The HR Coordinator will support all areas that the People and Recruitment team work on including administrative tasks, data analysis, onboarding of new hires and mobility support. This role will develop over the year with the hope that the HR coordinator will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to take on a People Coordinator/Advisor role within Improbable or another organisation.
Improbable’s mission is to make new realities possible. We believe New Realities will transform entertainment, become the basis for how people make critical decisions and have profound future impacts that are currently unknown.
Training and future prospect
Business Administration Advanced level 3 Standard training, 15 - 18 months, with WhiteHat.
Located near Farringdon station, London.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Drafting contracts for new joiners and sending out background checks.
- Additional admin for new joiners including scanning documents, liaising with IT and business operations to onboard a new joiner and uploading their information onto the people platform.
- Liaising with the new joiner and being a point of contact when they start for their onboarding.
- Oversight of the probation process, scheduling meetings and preparing managers.
- Support the People team with all People processes including maternity, paternity, flexible working, return to work, disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Provide support for the mobility leave, including booking travel, helping with conference logistics and support on visa compliance checking.
- Provide assistance in scheduling interviews.People Support
- Support the People Team with the monthly induction events for new recruits including setting up of team sessions, greeting new joiners and supporting the overall onboarding process.
- Support the People Team with the coordination of any training, including the arrangement of materials, equipment and sending invites.
- Understand all key People policies and be able to provide basic support and advice on these policies, escalate queries to the People Partners or Head of the People Team when required. Key policies include; performance, attendance, sickness absence, family policies, disciplinary and grievances.
- Support the People team with ad hoc events such as weekly town hall, manager monthly meetings and social events.
- Data analysis from our people platform. Running reports and supporting on ad hoc data requests.
Hours: 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Demonstrates an enthusiasm for wanting to understand the role of a People Team in a business.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong judgement, emotional intelligence and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Analytical skills would be desirable.
- Is discreet and understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Positive attitude with determination and proactivity.
- GCSE Mathematics grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
* You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.