We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is an HR Assistant Apprentice role at a tech company.
This is an opportunity for a fast learning, customer-obsessed individual with a "can-do" attitude to join a busy and fast paced HR team to work on a variety of tasks that will give them really far-reaching HR and business experience.
- 1. Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- 2. Be calm under pressure, able to manage time and competing priorities.
- 3. Be confident with technology.
- 4. Be well organised, methodical, flexible and adaptable to changing needs.
- 5. Think creatively and innovatively about how to do things better.
- 6. Be able to work with the minimum.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
We are a small team supporting an ambitious, high growth organisation attract and retain high-performance diverse talent across the group. A key focus of their role is to be an internal contact point for the manager and employee queries about HR processes and HR issues, answering queries by email, face to face and by phone, and escalating where required.
Key accountabilities of the role are:
1. Employee Lifecycle processing
- Probation administration.
- Employee engagement online platform administration.
- Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental Leave administration.
- Visa sponsorship administration.
- Employee engagement tool administration.
- Supporting annual HR and Payroll processes (performance and pay review).
- Return to Work administration (after sick leave/maternity/paternity leave).
- Occupational Health referrals.
- Contract Extensions.
2. Leaver Processes
- Processing Leavers in Select HR and Share Track.
- Preparing Leaver letters, processing P45s.
Hours are 9 am - 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Training and future prospects
- Training will be in a Business Administration Advanced Standard fast track.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
- A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- Be confident with technology
- Be well organised, a team player, methodical, flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- Think creatively and innovatively about how to do things better
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and prioritise an ever-changing workload