As an apprentice with us, you will receive the training and support needed to start a career with a leading infrastructure, buildings, developments and housing group. Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
About this opportunity:
On this apprenticeship you will undertake a Highways maintenance skilled operative level 2 programme. Whilst undertaking your academic learning you will also be working alongside our experienced teams to learn hands-on, work-based skills.
Key tasks that you will complete in this role include:
- Carry out repairs to potholes, pavements and kerbs. Laying new surfaces on urban and rural roads
- Use of underground cable locators to identify gas, electric, sewage and water lines
- Preparation and use of powered tools or pedestrian plant, machinery and equipment.
- Preparation, set up and work within temporary traffic management on roads
What do we expect from you:
Many of the skills you will need to be successful in this role will be developed as part of your training. However, alongside our values there are a few key behaviours that are desirable for this role, and as part of any selection assessment process you may be expected to show us how you demonstrate these behaviours:
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and organised
- Punctual and trustworthy
- Committed and hardworking
- Able to work in a collaborative and enthusiastic manner