Graduate/Junior Quantity Surveyor
gap construction are proud to be representing this family owned groundworks contractor in their search for a junior/graduate quantity surveyor to work at their state of the art office in the centre of Chelmsford.
Our client strives to bring a first-class touch to every project and exceed expectations while offering a breadth of skills and unparalleled experience across their team to ensure their project is a complete package.
- Training will be offered and the chance to become a key member of a successful, collaborative team.
- Preparing, negotiating, and agreeing final accounts.
- To procure sub-contract and material packages.
- Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations
- To prepare monthly reporting for management
- To control and monitor expenditure against budget.
- Candidates should have an interest in the commercial aspect of Construction and will be able to demonstrate commercial analysis and financial awareness.
- Candidates can come from a site background or post grad in a construction qualification/degree.
- Practical knowledge of quantity surveying procedures.
- Ability to communicate with department colleagues proactively.
- A commitment to offer customers a best value service.
- Good IT and communication skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure.
Please send your CV to (url removed) or call James at gap construction on (phone number removed)
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on (phone number removed)
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap construction who are operating as an employment agency.
gap construction are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.