A Tier 1 Construction and civil engineering contractor are recruiting a Graduate Environmental Advisor to join their busy North West Division.
The company has an outstanding relationship with the National Grid and as part of a framework they are about to commence work on a large civil engineering project in the North West region.
These long-term projects are varied in their nature, could involve Tunnelling schemes, highways, and marine protection, or river restoration works.
All these projects will invariably involve earthworks, piling, small civils works, temporary works and will have a positive impact on the local ecology and the environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a globally recognised construction company, working closely with the project team.
Key responsibilities of the Environment and Sustainability Graduate will include:
- Helping to ensure the delivery of the environmental and sustainability policy, as well as compliance with legislation and regulations across a range of projects
- Carrying out site inspections and audits, undertaking preliminary environmental assessments,
- Collecting, analysing and reporting environmental and sustainability data, including fuel and electricity usage, and waste
- Monitoring environmental performance of all works, sharing knowledge and environmental best practice across the group-wide sustainability forums The successful Environment and Sustainability Graduate requires:
- Hold a degree in a relevant Environmental or Sustainability related subject
- A keen interest in building a career in Environment and Sustainability
- A keen interest in working on large developments, getting involved with a range of site teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills This is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in their sector and deliver real impact through forward thinking schemes
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment, opportunities to progress whatever stage of your career as well as a package that gives you security and recognises your contribution to the business.
Please call Claire Spiers at Fawkes & Reece (South) to discuss in more detail.