Job Title: Graduate Design Engineer Location: Henley, Berkshire, UK. (5 Days Per Week On Site) Salary: £22,500 - £25,000 Your new companyThis company is an internationally recognised water-boosting solutions provider with an exceptional reputation for product innovation, quality, and reliability. They have provided innovative solutions for over 100 years and are looking to grow as a global company. They are the UK's lead in what they do, and decades of engineering have ensured that all products are designed and manufactured to the highest quality. This company believes that the people are key to their success and have dedicated themselves to building a team of highly skilled professionals who work as one to maintain the high standards they have set. They are now looking to expand this team with a new Graduate Design Engineer. Could this be you?
Your new roleYou will become part of the RDD team, working diligently to produce exciting and disruptive products. You will be directly involved in developing technical solutions that align with the requirements of design briefs and create working concepts using handmade or prototype parts. Throughout the development phases, you will plan and conduct tests to verify the suitability of a solution. Also, assessing technical risks, defining development plans, and report on project delivery. Resolving product designs for mass manufacture, taking into account Design for Manufacture, tolerance, and real-world application. As an effective communicator, you will express yourself verbally, in writing, and through sketches & drawings. You'll handle 3D CAD and design requirements of mechanical systems from concept to production. This involves producing solid modelled parts and assemblies, fully toleranced production drawings, and assembly drawings.
What you'll need to succeedQualifications & Experience
- A degree in Design Engineering, Product Design or equivalent.
- Practical experience of 3D CAD and PLM systems. Solidworks is preferred.
- Working knowledge of design for manufacturing and practical experience is a benefit.
- Working knowledge of fluid movement systems would be a benefit.
- A creative problem solver with the ability to multitask in a changing environment.
- Capability to work independently.
- Understanding the importance of cost in design.
- An analytical & challenging mindset with an eye for detail.
- A good understanding of mechanical systems and awareness of the application of electrical and electronic principles.
- Champion of great design.
What you'll get in return
- Eligibility to participate in the discretionary Annual Management Bonus Scheme capped at 18% of basic salary full details will be provided at Induction.
- 25 days of holiday per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Employees are required to take a set number of days of their entitlement during the Company's Christmas and New Year shutdown details will be advised annually.
- Following successful completion of the Probationary Period, entitlement to Private Medical Insurance for the employee and their family.
- Following successful completion of the Probationary Period, and if eligible, enrolment into the Group Personal Pension Plan (which is a qualifying Workplace Pension under the Government rules). Once enroled, employees will be required to contribute 3% of basic salary to the Scheme and the Company will contribute 6% - full details will be provided at Induction.
- Following successful completion of the Probationary Period, eligibility for Life Assurance cover of 1 x basic salary, subject to acceptance by the insurers. If joined, and remain in the Group Pension Plan, Life Assurance cover will automatically increase to 2 x basic salary.
- Following successful completion of the Probationary period, enrolment in the Company Health Cash plan with our insurance partner, HealthShield.
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.