COVER SUPERVISORS - SOUTHAMPTON
Prospero Teaching are looking for passionate graduate cover Supervisors for Secondary Schools in the Southampton and surrounding areas. This on a full time, permanent basis, to start as soon as possible.
The main role of a Cover Supervisor is to supervise and support students in the classroom. Lesson materials are fully provided and will often involve consolidation lessons and project based work.
Although not actively teaching, it is important for a Cover Supervisor to have the skills and confidence needed to keep the class motivated and focused so they can work on the activities set and prepared for them. The role requires you to support pupils as they work through the lesson and to understand how to help them to complete tasks, where needed.
The School day is 8.30 am to 3.00 pm, and there are no expectations to stay behind after School hours. This role is ideal if you are an aspiring teacher, wanting to gain valuable classroom experience before applying for teacher training.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will have:
- The ability to communicate with, engage and inspire pupils.
- The ability to hold a pupil's interest and encourage them to be excited about learning and their future prospects.
- The ability to work well with others and autonomously.
- A flexible and open to change attitude.
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in sometimes stressful situations.
- Excellent organisational skills.
No qualifications or previous experience is required, just a can do attitude and a passion for making a difference. This role is ideal for graduates and aspiring teachers, looking to gain more experience before applying for teacher training. If you are also a professional in a different field with a passion for making a difference, please also apply.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest. Please email to the details below.