Graduate Classroom Assistant
Are you a graduate hoping to take your first step into the education sector? Would you like to gain experience in the classroom before becoming a qualified teacher? Are you passionate about helping students to succeed?
The school i'm working with in Staines are looking for a Graduate Classroom Assistant to join them in September, with the idea to continue in the new academic year. The school we're working with are looking for a candidate who is eager and passionate about the education of young people.
This Graduate Classroom Assistant role is an exceptional platform for a graduate to develop their classroom experience as a Graduate Classroom Assistant before qualifying to become a teacher. Each graduate will be provided with ample career progression opportunities.
This Graduate Classroom Assistant role may involve working 1:1 with individual children with special educational needs whether it is ASD, ADHD, Anxiety, Trauma or another learning difficulty. The graduate may also be considered for a general learning support assistant role where their focus will be on numeracy and literacy support. The successful Graduate Classroom Assistant will take on small groups to ensure they are on task and meet the learning objectives set.
The ideal candidate for this Graduate Classroom assistant will have the below qualities:
- Passionate about helping children and young people achieve their full potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Able to build confidence and motivation
- Approachable, and able to build robust and effective relationships with students
- High levels of empathy, caring, compassionate, and a good listener
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with a professional approach to work
- Local to the Staines area
Summary of this Graduate Classroom Assistant role:
- Working in a classroom setting and providing 1:1 support outside of the class
- 77 to 85 per day depending on experience
- Full time position, with the hours between 8.30am and 3.30pm
- Based in Staines
The ideal graduate will have experience working with young people whether it be in a similar environment, youth work or sport is desirable but not a necessity. The ideal candidate will be pro-active, ambitious and passionate about making a difference.
As a Graduate Classroom Assistant looking to qualify as a teacher, this role is a great stepping stone to help you gain experience in a real life setting. If you meet the criteria above and you're local to the Staines area, I'd urge you to apply now!