Job Title: Graduate Civil Engineer
Salary: 26,000 - 30,000 (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
For over 21 years, Rural Arisings has been committed to transforming under-utilized land into vibrant, sustainable green spaces. We specialize in remediating environmentally degraded sites and repurposing waste soils generated from construction projects to create natural habitats for wildlife and recreational areas for the community. Along with this, we provide land-based solutions for landowners in agricultural, among other sectors. We are a relatively small, but passionate team located across the UK.
About the role:
Rural Arisings Ltd. is seeking a motivated Graduate Civil Engineer to join as an essential component of our small on-site team. In this role you will play a critical role in helping complete more complex projects aimed at creating environmental improvements and green spaces. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to our projects, gaining valuable experience and skills in the field of environmental engineering and land transformation.
Please note we will only be accepting applicants with the right to work in the UK at this time.
- Management of construction and earthworks activities including the placement of imported materials and their verification against our import criteria.
- Supervise the installation of drainage systems to ensure effective water management.
- Conduct precise setting-out and surveying tasks on-site, ensuring accurate implementation of project designs.
- Conduct soil sampling and other environmental tests to verify contamination levels, ensuring compliance with environmental standards and regulations.
- Prepare detailed drawings and documents to fulfill regulatory obligations, ensuring all necessary permits and approvals are obtained.
- Collaborate with senior engineers and specialists in the design phase, providing valuable input and support.
- Manage specialist sub-consultants, coordinating their activities and ensuring alignment with project goals.
- Embrace a 70:30 split of outdoor to indoor working, demonstrating adaptability to varying work environments and conditions.
- Be a proactive and clear communicator, interacting with contractors, stakeholders, and the public.
- Address queries, provide guidance, and maintain positive relationships to facilitate smooth project execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field with an interest in geotechnics, hydrology, and hydrogeology.
- Ideally experience in a similar role with a strong understanding of construction, earthworks, and environmental engineering principles.
- Proficiency in surveying techniques and tools.
- Ability to prepare technical drawings and documents using relevant software (AutoCAD and Trimble Business Centre).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on quality and compliance.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Full, clean divers license.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to obtain Chartered Status and aligned qualifications
- Development and growth opportunities, including attendance of relevant courses
- Friendly, happy and inclusive environment
- Company events
If you're interested in joining our passionate, hard-working team apply today!
Applications close 30th November 2023.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Engineer, Civil Engineer, Construction Engineer, Building Engineer, Civil Engineering, Structural Technician, Graduate Civil Engineer AutoCAD, ONC, HND may also be considered for this role.