Due to an increase in workload and continued company growth, my client, an international engineering company based near Burton upon Trent are looking to recruit 2 Graduate Certification Engineers to to join their existing Technical team on a permanent basis.
As a Graduate Certification Engineer, you will work as part of the Technical Team to ensure the on-time delivery of material certification to clients and also receipt of inbound material certification from 3rd party suppliers (NDT/ Lab Testing).
Interested candidates must be Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering/ Materials Science/ Metallurgy). Working knowledge of quality/ materials documentation is advantageous. Knowledge of ASME / ASTM standards would also be advantageous but not essential.
This position is office based 5 days per week.
Hours - Mon - Thurs (Apply online only) / Friday 0830 - 15.30
- Checking incoming material certification in accordance with both national and international standards / specifications.
- Ensuring that base material certificates are compliant with the manufacturing processes.
- Producing bespoke material certification following internal manufacturing processes
- Checking laboratory test reports in accordance with the purchase order requirements
- Producing in house NDT reports and ensuring compliance with the purchase order
- Liaising with 3rd party inspectors in relation to material certification releases
- Liaising with clients in relation to material certification queries
- Liaising with the third party test laboratories in relation to the release of material samples, purchase orders. Together with the expediting of orders currently outstanding at the laboratories.
- Interfacing with the commercial, technical, manufacturing and expediting departments
Skills & Attributes
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering/ Material Science/ Metallurgy)
- Strong Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of ASME/ ASTM/ API quality standards - advantageous
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Complete Talent Services Ltd who are acting as an Employment Business