My client is currently looking for a graduate Building Surveyor to join thir ever expanding team. Working as part of a team you will work on a variety of construction related and property inspection and maintenance projects. You will work towards your professional accreditation as a Chartered Building Surveyor.
- Assist / undertake building and site surveys
- Compiling condition survey reports
- Producing AutoCAD drawings, both existing and proposed layouts
- Preparing project schedules of works, specifications and detailed design drawings
- Assist / prepare tender documentation
- Managing and updating project documents in accordance with current procedures
- Good knowledge and use of IT packages including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Preparing regular project reports, with updates on cost, programme, quality and health and safety
- Managing delivery / progress of construction works including contract administration, chairing meetings and minute preparation
- Liaising with senior colleagues to ensure technical deliverables are delivered on time, to the client requirements and within budget
- Assisting with Health and Safety matters including Risk Assessments
- Building Pathology including assisting in the diagnosis of defects, identification of deleterious materials and associated remedial works
- Apply awareness of carbon issues, sustainable design and green technologies.
- Commercial awareness and ability to manage own time / prioritise works.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes
- Positive and collaborative, committed to working to the highest professional standards
- Driven to achieve professional status (RICS)
- Motivated to continuously develop technical & management skills
- Good communication skills to be able to deal confidently and effectively with the client team, contractors, end users and colleagues
- Able to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Able to travel nationally as dictated by Practice workloads
- Driving licence and use of a car
If you would like to be considered for this position and feel you have the relevant experience please apply for immediate consideration.