STEM Recruitment Solutions are seeking Automation / Mechatronics graduates to join our food manufacturing client based in the Glasgow area. You will have an excellent opportunity to join the industry at entry-level with the scope to develop your practical experience, and gain further education within the company.
As a Graduate Automation Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to design and enhance mechanical and automation equipment and systems with the goal of improving quality, safety, and productivity. You'll also play a crucial role in addressing equipment issues and providing innovative solutions. In addition, you will contribute to the successful execution of capital projects and support the ongoing production process by assessing and troubleshooting existing systems.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Collaborate with project and departmental teams to meet established objectives set by your supervisor.
- Engage with key stakeholders to ensure the fulfillment of both internal and external customer requirements.
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards and regulations in the development of mechatronic systems.
- Contribute innovative ideas to advance company processes, from conceptualisation to implementation, and demonstrate a continuous learning mindset.
- Design equipment and processes aimed at enhancing product and process performance while prioritising safety. You will also provide guidance to colleagues on equipment selection and specifications.
- Create prototype designs, conduct testing, and justify the preferred design choice.
- Proficiently generate technical drawings using 2D and 3D modelling software.
- Execute commissioning and testing of new plant or systems, assess their suitability for their intended purpose, and monitor their performance post-implementation.
- Contribute to delivering projects within defined timelines and budget constraints.
- Maintain comprehensive technical documentation for each project, including risk assessments, drawings, test results, and related records.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development through on-the-job training and external training or further education opportunities.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Automation / Mechatronic Engineering is required.
- An industrial placement or experience, particularly in the field of industrial robotics, is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of machinery design codes and safety standards.
- Practical experience with 3D modelling - preferably using Solid Edge.
- Engineering design skills and a creative problem-solving mindset.
- Proficient in planning to support project delivery.
- Effective communication abilities, both internally and externally.
STEM Recruitment Solutions Ltd operates as both a Recruitment Agency and a Recruitment Business. We endeavour to reply to all applications when possible, however on occasions this may not be possible due to volumes of responses. STEM Recruitment is a Scientific, Engineering and Manufacturing Recruitment business supplying talented staff to permanent and temporary opportunities.