Chemistry Graduates Required
Job Tittle: Graduate Flavour Technologist
Location: Ellesmere Port
Site / Lab based
Job Reference: JW65373
Have you recently graduated in Chemistry and eager to kick start your career in the World of FMCG?
Would you thrive in a role which requires a creative approach and the chance to experiment in flavours?
Are you energetic and someone who would add a positive perspective in a close knit team?
If yes to the above and you would be eager to join a Global leading business and grow with a highly knowledgeable team, please reach out
Overview of role:
As a Flavor Technologist, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and refining the flavors used in our range of beverages / products. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product development, quality control, and marketing, to ensure our products.
- Salary - Based on experience
- Lab based
- 20 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Monday to Thursday 08:30am - Friday 2pm Finish
- Company Pension
- Great working environment
Duties of the role:
- Create and develop new beverage flavors based on market trends, consumer preferences, and product objectives.
- Modify existing flavors to improve taste, aroma, and overall product quality.
- Conduct sensory evaluations to assess flavor profiles and make necessary adjustments.
- Research and source raw materials and ingredients, such as natural and artificial flavor compounds, for flavor creation.
- Evaluate ingredient suppliers and maintain relationships with them.
- Develop and document precise flavor formulations and recipes, ensuring consistency in production.
- Collaborate with R&D teams to integrate flavors into beverage formulations, considering factors like stability and solubility.
- Conduct quality tests and sensory evaluations to ensure flavors meet product specifications and industry standards.
- Address any flavor-related quality issues and propose solutions.
- Stay updated on regulatory guidelines and ensure that flavor formulations adhere to safety and labeling regulations.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for regulatory submissions.
Taste Panel Management:
- Organize and manage taste panels to gather feedback on flavors and make necessary improvements.
- Train panelists and maintain panel records.
- Monitor market trends, competitor products, and consumer preferences related to flavors in the beverage industry.
- Use market insights to guide flavor development strategies.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, and production, to align flavor profiles with branding and marketing strategies.
- Communicate effectively with suppliers, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or a related field is a must.
- Strong knowledge of flavor chemistry and sensory evaluation techniques.
- Experience in beverage or food product development.
- Familiarity with industry regulations and quality control standards.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical abilities.
- Creativity and a passion for flavor innovation.
A Flavor Technologist is a vital part of any drinks manufacturing business, contributing to the creation of unique and appealing beverage products that resonate with consumers in a competitive market.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
Jasmine Williams - Commercial Manager
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data - These can be viewed on our website.