The Marine Infrastructure Solutions (MIS) business unit focuses on large diameter drilling ranging from 600mm up to our XL drill rigs and a circa 10M drilling range. Our major focus is now within the renewable sector specifically offshore wind although ancillary piling works such as jack up installations, jetties and foundation works remains part of our key business. Fugro is committed to helping build a safe and liveable world; MIS is contributing to this vision with pioneering XL subsea drilling equipment, operations and delivery to the offshore wind sector.
This role, which requires nationwide and overseas travel, sometimes at short notice, will be to support our continued growth from the Falmouth Marine Hub. We are seeking a proactive and practical site fitter with the ability to assemble and repair light and heavy plant and hydraulic components.
This job is for you if:
- You have a pragmatic mindset whilst adhering to the Company's quality standards.
- You enjoy being involved in exciting projects such as the NNG offshore wind project where the Fugro VBM 3000 is onboard the Saipem S7000 carrying out the world's first multiple stage foundation installation process.
Who you'll be working with:
You will work as part of a specialist project team delivering the maintenance and operational activities of all drilling equipment. A typical team would consist of a Project manager, Project Supervisor, Driller, Electrician and Fitting Technician.
Here's what a typical day would be like:
- Each 12 hour shift begins with a TBT (Tool Box Talk) where the Project Shift Supervisor will run through the days work and handover from the previous shift. Following on this from this, you will:
- Assess performance and condition of plant and machinery, checking for wear and tear and identifying potential breakdowns and report to Supervisor/Charge hand.
- React to site breakdowns, provide technical problem-solving solutions to site personnel, identify and report any defects likely to lead to major breakdowns.
Who we're looking for:
- 5 GCSES or equivalent qualification including English and Maths
- Completed an apprenticeship as a mechanical fitter, NVQ in Engineering Maintenance or equivalent qualification
- Full UK driving Licence
- BFPA Level 1 Hydraulics
- Experience in mechanical fitting role coupled with a comprehensive knowledge of hydraulics is essential.
- Experience in drilling rigs, pumps, winches, hydraulic deck cranes, agriculture equipment and general plant equipment would be advantageous.
What we'll offer you:
- Benefits of this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 20 days annual leave and private medical insurance.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.