We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Financial Administration Apprentice role at NewLink Consulting.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm providing valuable support to the key decision makers in the business.
At New Link Consulting we partner with our clients to provide bespoke solutions to industry challenges. Our unique blend of proven delivery/change management skills and core practitioner expertise delivers the following key services to our clients’ business: Business Strategy, Project Execution, Rapid Response/Remediation, Interim Management.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets, A Level 3 qualification.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near Old Street Station, London.
To ensure we are equipped to handle the scale of growth, we require a confident Finance Assistant to provide efficient, organised and flexible support to our Partners reporting into the CFO & Business Management. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and therefore it is essential that the successful individual is pro-active, innovative and able to work well under pressure.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
1. Expenses and cost management
- Ensure all expenses submitted are in line with policy (any breaches must be pre-approved by Managing Partner and escalated)
- Ensure all credit card, standing order, direct debit or cash expenditure is pre-approved by a Managing Partner
- Monitor costs proactively to ensure in line with approval policy and budgets
- Actively monitor costs, including those spent with suppliers such as Legal and Accounting, and escalate cost increases / unwarranted costs to Managing Partners
- Proactively seek cost reduction measures and propose to the Managing Partners.
2. Payments and cost management
- Compile payment batch 5 business days prior to 20th each month for approval by Managing Partners, complete with evidence supporting all payments including consultant invoices, time cards and expenditure already pre-approved
- Prepare and distribute Partner invoice statements monthly on 20th each month following pre-approval of each statement by a Managing Partner
- Ensure payments received are in line with expectations (invoices, direct debits, standing orders, credit cards etc).
- Reconcile nostro account at least monthly (ideally weekly) to ensure all statement items paid and received / actual cash balances are in line with ledger
- Escalate any nostro differences immediately to a Managing Partner.
- Enter all revenue and cost items into Sage at least monthly (ideally weekly)
- Produce flash pnl at time of client invoicing (within 5 days of month end)
- Produce pnl at time of payment batch for approval by Managing Partners. Ensure this has been analysed and is in line with invoices, time cards etc
- Compare revenue, margin and costs to budget (actual and forecast) and escalate any issues immediately to Managing Partners.
Hours: 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
Training and future prospects
- Business Administration Advanced Standard fast-track.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to establish rapport with Partners and staff.
- Excellent working knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritise workload.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team player.
- Demonstrates confidentiality.
- Ability to display initiative, proactivity and professionalism.