We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Finance Assistant Apprentice role at Parallel Learning Trust.
The finance apprentice will assist the School Business Manager in managing the day-to-day organisation of the Trust and School financial transactions processing including, but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger.
Parallel Learning Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust established in 2014, with expertise in primary, special and alternative provision. They embrace their moral imperative to educate and develop young minds in preparation for their futures in the world of work. They are a truly collaborative organisation and the culture that they promote is one that is driven by their core values. These values have been carefully developed and apply across all of their academies. Most importantly, their approach is driven by passion, commitment and a genuine desire to create and nurture long-term relationships.
- B at Maths GCSE (ALL ACCOUNTING ROLES).
- GCSE English grade C-A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near West Norwood station, London.
"At the Trust, our people are our greatest asset. We invest heavily in their future by training them and ensuring they are given every opportunity to grow into the best practitioners they can be. We are not into gimmicks or the latest fad; we endorse approaches that have been researched fully and have sustained and proven impact in the classroom."
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- To be a key member of the Finance Team and attend relevant meetings.
- To ensure the effective communication of Parallel Learning Trust (PLT) Philosophy, Aims and Policies to staff, pupils and outside agencies.
- To assist the business manager to organise and process the School Budget in accordance with LA requirements and the needs of the CEO, Headteacher & Governing Body.
- To assist the Business Manager with contact between School and Outside Providers of Financial Control, Human Resources (Personnel & Payroll), Building Design Management and Health & Safety with a view to developing a ‘school improvement culture’.
- To assist the Business Manager to organise and evaluate the organisation of financial and administrative planning and delivery; and supply information as to how it impacts on standards.
- To assist with the day-to-day management, development and maintenance of the school’s asset management plan.
- To assist with bookkeeping for lettings of school premises.
- Control and monitor the receipt of goods and services and the checking of deliveries and ensure the issue of prompt payment of invoices in accordance with School’s Financial Regulations
- To maintain all accounts on site and to assist in the preparation of all accounts, official and unofficial for annual auditing
Hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
PLT is a multi-academy trust and as such runs as a business. All employees of the Parallel Learning Trust are expected to behave in a way that enhances the reputation and image of the School. In addition, staff are expected to be proactive in sourcing grants and sponsorship initiatives, attend public events whenever possible and take seriously their role in raising income for the school at every opportunity.
Training and future prospects
Assistant Accounting Standard with WhiteHat.
As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
B grade in Maths at GCSE.
Teamwork skills to be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.