We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Finance Apprentice role at Fleishman Hillard Fishburn.
We have an opportunity for an apprentice to join our high performing finance team in a varied role which supports the finance team and also interacts with the wider business. You will work with the Commercial Business Partners across all practices in providing accurate information to aid commercial decisions. You will also support the Financial Reporting team and assist with the smooth running of our outsourced Accounts Payable function.
Fleishman Hillard Fishburn (FHF) is a PR and communication agency.
- Communications are becoming more complex, yet the demand for clarity and simplicity is ever more universal. As channels proliferate, so too does the opportunity to connect through a single, high-impact insight or idea. Whether through reputation management, brand marketing or public affairs coupled with campaigns based around conversations, content and impact, our bespoke teams draw on specialists in multiple sectors and channels.
- We combine insight, expertise and creative flair to listen, shape and get the right people talking about your story as it evolves every day.We put our clients first. We build relationships that stand the test of time in the spirit of true partnership. And we do so with passion, nurturing the best talent the industry has to offer in the world’s capital of communications.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English.
- B at Maths GCSE.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.
Location: near Southwark Underground Station, London.
Commercial Business Partner Support:
- Prepare actual time vs budget reports for both internal reporting to project managers and external reporting for clients
- Produce weekly WIP (work in progress) reports for all practices
- Assist with setting up new project codes and closing codes that are no longer required
- Produce missing time and missing worksheet reports for the Commercial Business Partners
- Assist the Commercial Business Partners with client third party and out of pocket cost reconciliations
- Provide ad hoc support to the Commercial Business Partners as and when needed Accounts Payable Support:
- Develop an excellent understanding of the Purchase Order and Expenses system so that you can assist with queries and training when required
- Work collaboratively work with the outsourced Accounts Payable team to ensure timely processing of vendor invoices and employee expenses
- Review the Accounts Payable ledger on a weekly basis and provide a commentary for aged items
- Review outstanding Purchase Orders on a weekly basis and check that they are coded correctly and are moving through the approval system in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Business Partners to ensure that they are aware of significant Purchase Orders that are outstanding
- Reconcile petty cash and send receipts to the accounts payable team for processing
- Assist with intercompany billing
- Provide account and project coding to accounts payable team
- Assist with the bank reconciliation and intercompany reconciliations
- Maintain the intercompany schedule and follow up with intercompany offices to confirm payment dates for outstanding invoices.
Hours: 9 am to 6 pm, Monday -Friday.
Training provided and future prospects
Assistant Accountant Standard.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness, grit.
A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role. A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to form great relationships across the business and with the outsourced payables team
- Professional (time-keeping, meeting deadlines, following through on commitments, quality of information)
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly and deal with ad-hoc queries as they arise
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good analytical skills