You will provide organisational and administrative support and assistance to ensure a safe, secure and cost-effective working environment for all UK offices in line with agreed policies and practices. You will support the range of facilities duties performed by the rest of the team, whilst working towards your Level 3 Business Administration with IT qualification.
A typical day
• With guidance and support, check and maintain a clean, healthy, safe and professional office environment for all staff, which reflects the organisation values and compliance with health & safety and legal obligations, including co-ordinating engineers and contractors so that issues are either fixed or improved in a timely manner.
• Support the team to deliver services within approved processes, prioritising and ensuring value-added service to all customers
• Working with the facilities officer, ensure all new staff receive health and safety inductions within their first 2 weeks to ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities around health and safety
• Working with the facilities officer to oversee and manage the meeting rooms and desk booking system, ensuring that rooms are set-up as requested and are used to their maximum efficiency.
• Maintain good working relationships with suppliers, contractors, gathering and analysing information to help reduce the cost to get the best value for money. Visitors, guests and travellers
• Working with colleagues, ensuring, the courteous and welcoming initial point of contact for all visitors to the office
• When required, operate switchboard in a professional, welcoming and efficient manner using judgement to route and screens calls appropriately.
• Respond to a broader range of queries, under guidance, in order to provide timely and accurate responses.
• Provide administrative support to the department and others as required
• Engage with and demonstrate a commitment to our mission, vision, values and strategic aims, ensuring aliment with the Team’s vision and objectives, and act as the face of ActionAid to visitors and staff, embodying our behaviours and values
• To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level in accordance to agreed procedures and guidelines
What makes a good candidate?
• Willing to train in manual handling. This role will see you on your feet a lot, arranging furniture and tech in meeting rooms
• Good organisational skills, able so priories to that senior leader and stakeholders expectations are met
• Able to identify risks effectively
• Desire to work in Facilities Management role
• Have a strong commitment to customers service and the ability to foster a customer service ethos amongst colleagues
• Able to demonstrate good communication skills
• Commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission and values, including a commitment to feminist principles and working in an organisation committed to working for the rights of women and girls.
• Commitment to continually improving your digital skills and knowledge within the working environment.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English
- Bike to work scheme
- WhiteHat community
9am - 5:30pm
Included in qualification
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 3 Business Administrator (BA3) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.