English Language/Literature Graduate
Location - South Yorkshire and North East Derbyshire
Start date - ASAP or April 2024
Salary - 85 - 120 Per day
Contract - Daily, short term and Long term supply.
Empowering Learning are a market leading education recruitment company. We are working in partnership with a large number of Secondary schools based across Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley and Chesterfield. We are looking to appoint and upskill graduates to work in schools as Cover Supervisors. This is a supply role, both flexible working and full time hours can be accommodated. We are seeking confident and tenacious graduates to join the our team and provide lesson cover and classroom support to Secondary aged students between the ages of 11-18.
- You will be leading classes in the absence of the usual teacher, delivering pre-set work in a time managed structure, managing low level behaviours, and escalating for support to deal with any higher-level behaviour management.
- Although no specific subject specialism will be required, having a specialised degree we will try and ensure wherever possible you are kept within your subject area.
- In addition, you will be provided with continuous CPD to upskill with our Executive consultant Headteacher Nigel, and Team Teach trainers from across the Empowering Learning group.
- Once you have completed all training, and built experience in schools you will then be awarded a pay increase and be able to complete Instructor level roles.
- To find out more about this exciting career progression opportunity for graduates to earn a decent wage whilst upskilling get in touch today on (phone number removed).
The successful candidate will
- You must have the ability to liaise professionally and courteously with students and other staff, may have to liaise with parents and other relevant authorities and must have a sound level of communication in the written and spoken English Language.
- Hold a degree or equivalent.
- Have a genuine passion for Education and the wellbeing of young people.
- Be able to take instruction well and have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be willing to undertake training and CPD including Safeguarding and Child Protection in Education.
- Be confident and able to control the attention of a room, think of it as a stage performance.
Empowering Learning Ltd. are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to show this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete Disclosure and Barring Service declarations in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997. You will also be required to provide 2 professional references covering at least the last 2 years, and complete our online application followed by a video or face to face interview.
How to apply
If you are a graduate considering a career in the Education sector and looking for their next challenge, then we would like to hear from you. Apply today via the website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Empowering Learning, please contact Abi Brooks on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)