HERSHAM Salary Circa £30,000
About the role
Our local client are looking for someone to join their busy and friendly Engineering team as a Production Technician. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing thriving business who value their staff and have strong development pathways.
The ideal candidate will have a drive to learn and grow both in the role and with the company. They will possess initiative, be a team player and contribute to a positive and friendly work environment.Main responsibilities
- Assembly and fitting work in the workshop, working with other engineers to build and set-up machines
- Assembly and testing of mechanical, pneumatic, water cooling, electrical and electronic systems.
- Close liaison with the drawing office, Mechanical Designers and other engineers to discuss and modify aspects of the design of the machines as necessary.
- Liaison with the Works Manager, workshop colleagues and customer support staff, to ensure target dates are met, as production priorities may change at short notice.
- Record keeping using Office applications.
- Phone and e-mail support for the field engineers.
- Potential UK and International travel to customer sites for machine upgrade surveys or installation as well as engineering backup to the Customer Support function. Phone and e-mail support for the field engineers.
- Experience within a similar engineering role useful/ suits an NVQ qualified technician or a practical person willing to learn
- Good team player and able to work on own initiative
- Good communicator
- Highly practical and hands-on mind-set
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.