Joining an apprenticeship with Mars will give you the opportunity to gain amazing experience, learn new skills and earn real money from day one. You’ll be joining a community of like-minded people, including lots of other apprentices and spending time between college and one of our UK sites. We are offering a scheme in Engineering, which involves you taking part in fantastic training courses and team building events, whilst tackling real challenges and taking on real responsibility.
What are we looking for?
- You’ll need to be a great team player and communicator, with the motivation to get results.
- Technically minded.
- Strong customer focus.
- GCSE Grade 5 or above in Maths. GCSE Grade 4 or above in English, Science and two others.
- Willing and able to travel to site and college.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Reactive maintenance engineering.
- Planned maintenance engineering.
- Machinery repairs.
- Improving efficiencies.
- Working closely with an assigned mentor.
- Complete all academic requirements of the apprenticeship within specified timeframes.
- Demonstrate the required behaviors and develop the competencies specified.
What can you expect from Mars?
- As a Mars Apprentice you will gain a professional L3 qualification in Engineering as well as on the job experience.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package including pension and healthcare.
- After graduating from our apprenticeship program, you’ll be qualified to apply to join our team permanently and embark on an exciting career at Mars.
- We offer robust and structured development, through one-to-one mentors and give regular opportunities to engage with higher management throughout the scheme to help you excel in your future career.
Making your application
All our apprenticeships have a start date of September 2020.
Please apply directly via the careers site, where you will be asked to upload a copy of your CV and answer several competency-based questions.