Joining an apprenticeship with Mars will give you the opportunity to gain amazing experience, learn new skills and earn real money from day one. You’ll be joining a community of like-minded people, including lots of other apprentices and spending time between college and one of our UK sites.
We are offering a scheme in Engineering which involves you taking part in fantastic training courses and team building events, whilst tackling real challenges and taking on real responsibility. You’ll need to be a great team player and communicator, with the motivation to get results and a positive mind set. As a Mars Apprentice you will gain a professional qualification, as well as on the job experience.
What are we looking for?
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including grade B (5) or above in Maths and Grade C (4) or above in English, Science and two others
- A demonstrable interest in Engineering
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The desire to learn
- Willing and able to travel to our Slough site and college
What would be your key responsibilities?
Year 1 is full time at College, Years 2, 3 & 4 are based at our factory in Slough and will see you continue your academic development with day release at College. With strong mentorship and coaching from experienced technical associates you will be hands on, helping you to develop the technical skills required to become a qualified Engineering Technician.
Working alongside our Technical teams you will be;
- Learning how to maintain our plant
- Learning how to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical faults
- Learning how to repair our equipment
- Working across various areas in our factory including mechanical, electrical and utilities
On successful completion of the Engineering apprenticeship you will move into one of many Technical roles at our Slough factory, this could be as a Multi Skilled shift based technician or as a days based Mechanical or Electrical Technician. The primary role of Technician at Mars is to demonstrate leadership, ownership and accountability for equipment within our factory and carry out complex fault diagnosis and repairs and to provide technical coaching to others.
A shift technician is part of a reactive shift team, and the primary role is to support factory production through the efficient diagnosis and resolution of complex technical issues across the site. This contribution will see you provide the technical element of the shift leadership teams where you will be expected to prioritise workloads and work autonomously.
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- A weekly chocolate and gum allowance, meaning you can share the smiles with your friends and family.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career, and develop personally and professionally.
Closing date: Monday 8th February, 2021. Please note that we may close for applications earlier depending on the number of applications received.