Morrison Energy Services is recruiting for High Voltage Electrical Fitter apprenticesfor our UK Power Networks contract in Cambridgeshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an apprentice in Morrison Energy Services with opportunities to progress within a highly respected company. Our business is centred upon the provision, replacement, repair and maintenance of utility network infrastructure.
Morrison Energy Services is proud to be a key partner in the UKPN Alliance, delivering substation build and refurbishment works across the East of England including design, project management, cable installation, building construction, jointing, switchgear, bunding, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition.
The Apprenticeship Programme, endorsed by Energy & Utility Skills and Accredited by the city & guilds, provides the opportunity for individuals to become fully trained and qualified “craft” persons on the 11kV to 132kV distribution network.
The start date of the apprenticeship programme will be the 13th September 2021 and you must be available to start employment on this date to be considered for the programme.
We will be conducting an assessment centre which will take place during the week commencing the 2nd August in Stevenage. Please only apply if you are able to attend.
- Electrical fitting activities on High Voltage switch gear, transformers and associated equipment
- Installation of Control and protection equipment
- Installation of Earthing Systems
- Installation of outdoor equipment such as Bus Bar, Disconnectors and Switchgear
- Maintenance of High Voltage equipment
- Fault Finding on Low and High Voltage equipment
- Receiving High Voltage documents
Essential Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Due to company health & safety policy you must be 18+ years old
- Full driving licence and own transport
- GCSE's (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English, grades A-C or 9-5.
- An interest in electronics, electricity or engineering and enthusiasm to work outdoors
- Ability to work in a team and an understanding of the importance of team work
- Possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weathers and ability to walk and stand on uneven ground
- Ability to work within a confined space, without restriction
- Willing and able to undertake physically demanding work in all weather conditions
- Applicants must live within the area they are applying for
Nature and Scope:
At Morrison Energy Services we take a blended approach to delivering Apprenticeships through our EU Skills endorsed Apprenticeship Development Scheme (ADS). The ADS programme will run alongside your Apprenticeship Framework or Standard, and includes soft skills development, team building activities. and pastoral/learning support. Some elements of the scheme are residential, so applicants must be prepared to travel and stay away from home. Hotel accommodation and meals will be fully paid for, while travel costs will be reimbursed.
The Apprentice programme is 3 years in duration (indicative timescale), typically blocks of 2 – 3 weeks at our training provider in Manchester, followed by a period in the field, putting learning into practice.
You will spend up to 36 weeks at the UCT in Manchester over the duration of your apprenticeship.