We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Digital Marketing Apprentice role at Google UK.
As a Digital Marketing apprentice at Google, you will be part of the first cohort of a new program launched this year that aims to provide the skills you need to become a Digital Marketer. The Google Digital Marketing Apprenticeship is a 15-18 month program offered as part of the UK Government’s Apprenticeship program in partnership with WhiteHat.
Google aspires to be an organisation that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into our unique enterprise and corporate culture.
- Five GCSEs at Grades A*-C or 9 - 4, (including English & Mathematics), Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Predicted B grade at A-Level or equivalent qualification in one or more subjects.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Have the authorization to work in the United Kingdom.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey.
Location: near King’s Cross and Saint Pancras Station, London.
You will join the Sales/Marketing teams at Google and will be assigned a manager for the duration of your 15-18 month apprenticeship. You will start in October 2018 with our academic partner WhiteHat, for initial training.
- As an apprentice within the Sales/Marketing teams, you will help define, design, build and implement campaigns across a variety of platforms. Be it supporting the complete marketing experience of a product, shaping its voice and growing a loyal consumer base, or designing, building and executing digital marketing campaigns for the biggest brand marketers in the world, you will get exposure to different Google products, including consumer (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) and business products (AdWords, AdSense, Google Analytics). You will also leverage the power of Google data to help companies solve their business challenges. You will do this in collaboration with a cross-functional team, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, PR, Policy and more.
As part of the application process, please also complete the supplementary application form. Applications cannot be accepted until the supplementary application form has been completed.
Applications close 29th April 2018.
Start date: October 2018
Examples of responsibilities
- Analyse and evaluate organisations’ digital strategies and actions for some of the world’s biggest brands.
- Use quantitative methods, models and research to help Google better understand consumer and advertiser behaviour to provide important feedback for product and clients’ digital strategies.
- Support execution of go-to-market strategies and coordination for new product launches & programs - e.g. positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization
- Support insight gathering to better serve our users - e.g. via focus groups, working with a research agency to develop & test hypotheses, etc.
- Manage social media campaigns & develop ideas to better engage our users
- Undertake training and follow mentoring as specified.
- Attend team meetings to keep colleagues informed and to create a forum for knowledge sharing.
Working hours are 8:30 am - 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Training and future prospects
- We will equip you with everything you need to know to help our customers on their digital journey. You will receive specialised training on basic marketing principles, the fundamentals of search marketing, pay-per-click, and more. You will develop further skills through hands-on experience in research & web analytics, and will be in a position to recommend and apply technological solutions to achieve marketing objectives.
- After completing your initial training you will be onsite at Google for further training and onsite experience, rotating between being onsite at Google and training at WhiteHat during your apprenticeship. While onsite, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers to solve real-life problems while developing and learning from world-class digital marketing leaders.
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
- Enthusiasm and passion for new technologies demonstrated through personal projects and commitment to learning new skills.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, pro-active, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.