A great way to gain amazing experience, learn new skills, and earn real money from day one. Join us at Mars for a 'best in class' Apprenticeship and we will provide you with hands-on experience, whilst receiving further education and excellent mentorship from one of our many Associates, to build a career for tomorrow.
We offer multiple Apprenticeship schemes across Mars in the UK, covering Operations, Engineering, Field Sales, Health & Safety and Digital. Scroll down to find out more about each.
About our Digital Apprenticeship
- Follow the Data and Analytics Apprenticeship scheme, which will take up 20% of the candidate’s time, some of this on formal training and some applying these skills on the job.
- Manage the demand with the business (CIPs, projects, major incidents, special requests), including address Escalation of incidents/requests/problems/demands from business, supported by a Product Senior Analyst when needed.
- Involvement on minor programs/projects to provide functional and technical expertise, collaborating with since the design until go live of products, including Service Introduction role when needed.
- Service management with 3rd Party vendors based on role model operational excellence, with overall accountability on the metrics for service (SLAs. Availability, performance, etc)
- Development management with 3rd Party vendors based on role model development excellence, with overall accountability on metrics for development.
- Strong collaboration with business to translate business functional requirements into actual practical and working IT solution specifications and assuring high level of satisfaction from the customers.
- Manage and execute minor technical design, development and configuration activities for products and services within the R&D Data and Analytics Area
- Identify and develop automation opportunities across the business processes and internal processes.
- Identify, propose and develop improvements for product and services as part of Problem Management process.
- Document solutions developed according to the defined rules in place, to assure global supportability.
- Participate and collaborate on a Community of Practices related to his functional and technical areas.
- Assist with change management activities, including releases and production slots.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is curious and keen to learn more about data and analytics
- Basic Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of IT systems
Nice to Have
- Some programming experience
- Understanding of statistics
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalised as a result of such a request.