Right now we're looking for Digital Degree Apprentices to join our teams within Infrastructure and Consulting in London. From your first day you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
This is a rapid growth area and we want people who can help to expand this further through innovative thinking, enthusiasm and vision. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas. You will either be placed in our Digital or Transport Consulting teams, working towards a Level 6 degree in Digital and Technology Solutions. You will specialise in one of the following areas:
Software Engineer (Consulting):
A Digital Apprentice in software development works with a team of architects, engineers, designers and other professionals in the engineering consulting industry to design various IT and telecommunications systems for the built environment. This typically includes the development and deploying of platforms, tools and data solutions to support projects across a number of sectors including transport, government, sport, property and energy.
Data Analyst (Infrastructure or Consulting):
The primary role of a data analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide new business insight. You'll be responsible for providing up-to-date, accurate and relevant data analysis for your colleagues in Transport Consulting. You will develop an understanding of data structures, software development procedures and the range of analytical tools used in this field. Furthermore, you will document and report the results of data analysis activities making recommendations to improve business performance.
What we look for
We're looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- 3 A-levels at grade C or above OR a relevant Level 3 qualification/apprenticeship
- Five or more GCSEs (grade C/4 or above) including English and Science
- Grade B/5 or above in Maths at GCSE
- Confident working with numbers
- The ability to produce neat and accurate technical drawings
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Please indicate in your application form if you have a strong preference for a particular team. However your flexibility is welcomed, so do let us know if you are open to being considered for all opportunities.
You must be available to commence employment by the end of August 2019 in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.