We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Customer Support Adviser Apprentice role at iwoca.
We're looking for a smart and passionate Customer Support Agent who is ready to learn and help accelerate growth whilst offering a fantastic customer experience. A hard-working individual with empathy and excellent customer service skills will excel in this role. Is this you? Then apply today
iwoca stands for instant working capital. We launched iwoca in 2012 and have already grown into one of Europe’s leading fintech lenders. More startup than a financial institution, we use technology to eliminate the cost and complexity associated with traditional business finance. That means we offer instant decisions and have no upfront fees, no lengthy forms and no long-term commitments.
- Three A-Levels at grades A*-C (or 240 UCAS points) are preferred.
- Minimum grade C-A* (or 4-9) in five GCSE, including Maths and English (or Functional Skills level 2 in both).
- You will also have good knowledge of IT including all Microsoft packages.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
At iwoca, we really love our customers, we want them to have the best possible experience.
- Our Customer Support Agent will be responsible for ensuring that no customer is left unattended and that every call is diverted to the appropriate team.
- You’ll also be tasked with engaging with our customers and using your sales ability to ensure all customers are knowledgeable about our product.
You will always have a say in the business and have the opportunity to really make a difference. We help all our employees become top performers and reward everyone in numerous different ways. Everyone at iwoca is smart, humble and motivated to do a good job so you are bound to love working here.
Location: near Oxford Circus underground station, London.
Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Mon-Fri. Salary is £16000 - £18000 per year, depending on experience.
In addition to a competitive financial package, we also provide the following:
- Pool, Foosball and Ping Pong tables (and regular tournaments!)
- Whether it’s in a hammock or on a sofa or bean bag, there is plenty of space to chill out
- Plenty of drinks and snacks, healthy and unhealthy
- Subsidised gym membership (to work off the unhealthy snacks) and restaurant discounts in Oxford Circus
- Cycle to work scheme for great value bikes
- Various sports teams including football, running, cycling and climbing
- A super smart team of really nice people
- Company work retreats to great destinations, such as the French Alps for some January skiing, or the Balearic Islands for some late summer sun
- 25 days holiday a year plus a day off for your birthday - we want you fresh and fully charge
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard fast-track training with WhiteHat.
- A full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate excels in the role.
- A higher level apprenticeship available following successful completion of the initial apprenticeship, with WhiteHat.
- Ability to work autonomously and without direct supervision
- Previous experience in a call centre is desirable
- Strong communication & listening skills with an excellent telephone manner and a passion for delighting customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional time-management and multitasking skills
- Proactive, motivated, and metrics-driven
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.