Morrison Utility Services are recruiting for Water Network Construction Apprentices, to work on our Agility Alliance with Murphy for our client Thames Water.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain recognised and accredited qualifications whilst you earn and gain a vast amount of experience within a highly respected company. The role will involve constructing and maintaining the water networks in and around the London area to assist Thames Water in providing a top quality water service for the people of London.
Specific activities relating to Water Mains and Service Laying:
- Repair and Maintenance (R&M) of the existing Water network, where you will learn how to repair faults and other damage to water mains and services.
- Installing water services and ancillary structures, you will prepare for and install water mains or services using a variety of jointing techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will ideally have a basic level of numeracy and literacy and will undertake Functional Skills Level 1 as part of the Apprenticeship programme, which is equivalent to GCSE qualifications.
- Suitable applicants will be new to the water industry; no previous work experiences required.
- You will need to demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm to work outdoors.
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- At interview stage you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time the apprenticeship program commences.
- You will be working in either Esher, Surrey, Kentish Town or Stratford London and must be able to travel daily, by a reliable source of transport, to site or the operational depot. Once onsite you will be travelling with a team to your place of work.
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent attitude to learning and respect for those teaching, both in the field and within the college.
Apprentices will spend their training at Utility & Construction Training Ltd (UCT) Carrington, Manchester acquiring the basic knowledge, skills and competence to enable them to work productively on the network. The remainder of your time will be spent under supervision on site at Morrison Utility Services and Murphy.
Whilst on your apprentice programme at UCT, your travel by train to Manchester & London, hotel accommodation and all meals will be fully paid for.
Our apprentices start the training program on £8.38 per hour.
On completion of the full Apprenticeship and the successful move to team leader earnings will be in the region of £35,000 plus an incentive bonus scheme where high performers regularly achieve salaries of £50,000 and above.
We are also very keen that some of the apprentices eventually move into first line supervisor roles and we have a full training and competence program in place to facilitate this.
Please note there will be an Assessment Centre in Central London which will be taking place sometime during week commencing 9th March 2020,(exact date to be confirmed). You must be able to attend to be considered for the programme.
Start date of the apprenticeship programme will be 20th April 2020.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance