Morrison Utility Services are recruiting for Water Network Construction Apprentices, to work on our United Utilities Contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain recognised and accredited qualifications whilst you earn and gain a vast amount of experience within a highly respected company. The role will involve constructing and maintaining the water networks in the Preston area.
Specific activities relating to Water Mains and Service Laying:
- Repair and Maintenance (R&M) of the existing Water network, where you will learn how to repair faults and other damage to water mains and services.
- Installing water services and ancillary structures, you will prepare for and install water mains or services using a variety of jointing techniques.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will ideally have a basic level of numeracy and literacy. You will undertake Functional Skills Level 1 as part of your Apprenticeship programme, equivalent to GCSE qualifications.
- Suitable applicants will be new to the water industry; no previous work experiences required.
- You will need to demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm to work outdoors.
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- At interview stage you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the Apprenticeship programme which commences on 16th March 2020.
- You will be working in either Maryport or Kendal and must to be able to travel daily by a reliable source of transport, to site or the operational depot. Once onsite you will be travelling with a team by transit van to your place of work.
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent attitude to learning and respect for those teaching, both in the field and within the college.
The Morrison Utility Services Apprenticeship Programme provides the opportunity for you to become fully trained, qualified and competent in:
- Level 2 Diploma in Water Engineering (Network Construction Operations)
- Level 2 Certificate in Network Construction Operations (Water) Service Layer (Self Lay)
Our apprentices start the training program on £8.11 per hour.
On completion of the Apprenticeship and the successful move to team leader, earnings will be in the region of £35,000 plus an incentive bonus scheme where high performers regularly achieve salaries of £50,000 and above.
We are also very keen that some of the Apprentices eventually move into first line supervisor roles and we have a full training and competence program in place to facilitate this.
Apprentices will carry out their training at Utility & Construction Training Ltd (UCT) Carrington, Manchester acquiring the basic knowledge, skills and competence to enable them to work productively on the network. The remainder of your time will be spent under supervision on site at Morrison Utility Services.
Whilst on your Apprenticeship programme at UCT, your travel by train to Manchester, hotel accommodation and all meals will be fully paid for.
Please note there will be an Assessment Centre (in Chorley, Preston) for this opportunity which will be taking place on Thursday 13th February 2020. You must be able to attend to be considered for the programme.
Start date of the apprenticeship programme will be 16th March 2020.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance