Morrison Energy Services is recruiting for Ground Worker Apprentices for our National Grid contract in South Wales and the South West of England.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an apprentice in Morrison Energy Services with opportunities to progress within a highly respected company. Our business is centred upon the provision, replacement, repair and maintenance of utility network infrastructure.
Morrison Energy Services is proud to delivering both M&E and EPC projects on behalf of National Grid. We are delivering substation build and refurbishment works across England & Wales including design, project management, cable installation, building construction, switchgear installation, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition.
We work across all activities within the delivery of substation build projects giving an Apprentice the breadth of experience and exposure to ground works, reinforced concrete work and general building activities. You will become an integral part of the team and learn to undertake work in a safe, prompt and efficient manner.
The start date of the apprenticeship programme will be the 13th September 2021 and you must be available to start employment on this date to be considered for the programme.
We will be conducting an assessment centre which will take place during the week commencing the 9th August in Bristol. Please only apply if you are able to attend.
- A large range of practical tasks including digging trenches, placing and compacting bedding material, laying and jointing drainage pipes, ducts and cables
- Backfilling and compacting trenches, mix and lay concrete, operate machinery, use equipment such as drills and pumps
- Fencing work, earthworks, construction of foundations
- Block paving, Kerbing and Steelfixing
Essential Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Due to company health & safety policy you must be 18+ years old
- Full driving licence and own transport
- Willing to travel nationwide and stay away
- GCSE's (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English, grades A-F or 9-2
- An interest in construction and enthusiasm to work outdoors
- Ability to work in a team and an understanding of the importance of team work
- Able to work to stringent H&S procedures & follow a high level of quality assurance requirements
- Possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weathers and ability to walk and stand on uneven ground
- Ability to work within a confined space, without restriction – Confined Spaces training will be provided
- Willing and able to undertake physically demanding work in all weather conditions
- Applicants must be willing to travel nationwide and stay away, as required
Nature and Scope:
At Morrison Energy Services we take a blended approach to delivering Apprenticeships through our EU Skills endorsed Apprenticeship Development Scheme (ADS). The ADS programme will run alongside your Apprenticeship Framework or Standard, and includes soft skills development, team building activities. and pastoral/learning support. Some elements of the scheme are residential, so applicants must be prepared to travel and stay away from home. Hotel accommodation and meals will be fully paid for, while travel costs will be reimbursed.
The Apprentice programme is 2 years in duration (indicative timescale), typically 2 week blocks at our training provider in Barnet, followed by a period in the field, putting learning into practice.