We are WhiteHat, the tech startup matching young people to the best career-focused apprenticeships on offer. The vacancy you are looking at is a Community Apprentice role at WeWork.
The community team support WeWork's members to get things done. You will be the front of house and a key port of contact for all members as well as an integral member of the events team. Whether you need a desk, office suite, or entire HQ, WeWork creates environments that increase productivity, innovation, and collaboration.
WeWork is a global network of workspaces where companies and people grow together. We transform buildings into dynamic environments for creativity, focus, and connection. More than just the best place to work, though, this is a movement toward humanizing work. We believe that CEOs can help each other, offices can use the comforts of home, and we can all look forward to Monday if we find real meaning in what we do.
- Five GCSE grades C – A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English. GCSE English (Literature or Language) grade C- A* (or 4-9) or level 2 functional skill.
- You will also have good knowledge of IT, including all Microsoft packages, Google doc/sheets.
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers and non-graduates for the role.
"More than just the best place to work, though, this is a movement toward humanizing work."
Location: near Temple underground station, London (Aldwych House).
The two community support apprentices, you will rotate around 4 different locations each.
- The West End: Aldwych House (main location), WeWork Paddington, Southbank/Southbank Central and Hammersmith Grove.
- Central London: Waterhouse Square, Shoreditch Mark Square, Bishopsgate and Old Street.
Full job description (including responsibilities)
- Cover the front desk during business hours
- Greet and check-in member guests
- Greet people who come in for tours
- Prepare and distribute promotional materials to guests/potential members
- Make posters for events
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events, including ordering food and beverages
- Prepare newsletters
Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday-Friday.
Training and future prospects
Business Administration Advanced Standard fast-track, 15-month training with WhiteHat.
- Be a team player with a can-do attitude.
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities.
- Be calm under pressure, able to manage time and competing priorities.
- Be confident with technology.
- Be well organised, methodical, flexible and adaptable to changing needs.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and prioritise an ever-changing workload.
- Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values.
You’re not just applying for a role with this employer, you are applying to be a WhiteHat apprentice, and we will be with you every step of your apprenticeship journey. WhiteHat specialises in bringing young people age 16+ together with top companies from around the greater London area. Our goal is to help our learners on their apprenticeship journey as they begin their career paths within the world of business.