Job Title: Communications Graduate
Job Type: 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Employment Start Date: January 2024
Hours of work: Mon - Fri (35 hours a week)
Onsite requirement: This will be a hybrid role, with 2 days per week minimum on site
Location: Camberley, Surrey
Salary: 30,000 per annum, holidays, sick pay, pension
Education required: To be eligible for this placement you must have graduated from a UK university in the last 3 years, having completed an undergraduate degree in public relations, marketing or communications, or hold a similar qualification in these subjects.
Excellent development opportunity for a talented graduate with a social media and communications background at a global medicines company
5 million. That's how many UK patients are treated with a Sandoz medicine every year.
Sandoz is the global leader in generic and biosimilar medicines. Our Purpose is to pioneer access so the NHS can treat more patients. We develop, produce and market affordable medicines.
Sandoz is the largest generics company in Europe. We are building a culture that reflects our values - collaborative, open-minded, ambitious and leading. The UK organisation is friendly, fast-paced and results-focused. We are keen to develop ourselves and to deliver our mid-term strategy.
Graduate interns learn quickly from their manager and colleagues and from hands-on experience with the business. Graduate interns are valued for the major contribution they make through their skills, energy and new approaches. Our graduates develop skills and experience that lead to jobs within or outside Sandoz.
This role supports communications activities for Sandoz UK with a strong focus on external communication. You will be joining a team of five dedicated corporate affairs specialists and will report to the Head of Market Access and Corporate Affairs.
- Contribute to the development of the external communications strategy
- Plan, draft and design corporate communication content, e.g. company LinkedIn posts, website content
- Work closely with an agency on social media campaigns, initially to help us grow our recently launched LinkedIn page
- Lead on communication projects with increasing responsibility as your capability develops e.g. our corporate website and intranet
- Support with media outreach, PR and media monitoring
- Support the adoption of our new Sandoz branding among UK colleagues
- Day-to-day coordination of projects and liaison with business units to deliver communications activities
- Ensure all activities and materials comply with the Sandoz P3 principles using internal systems
- Meeting administration and diary management
- Work with Head of Market Access and Corporate Affairs and Corporate Affairs Executive to map and track project milestones
- Being flexible to take on work across the team depending on workload and priorities
We are looking for a talented individual
- Who has experience in using social media in a sophisticated way for personal, study, social or business purposes
- Who has a passion for creating written and visual content
- Someone with a positive, can-do attitude who wants to start their career in communications in an in-house role
- Someone who is keen to learn, open to feedback and ambitious for personal growth
- Can demonstrate organisational and communication skills and self-awareness
- A relevant degree or similar qualification, such as public relations, marketing or communications
- Desired but not essential are an ability to use design software (e.g. Canva) and photography skills
In this role, you will learn a lot about corporate communications and working in a corporate environment. Our graduate interns go on to roles in Sandoz and other major employers.
If you think this role sounds interesting and you have the required skills, we would really like to hear from you.
To support your application please provide your CV, along with a cover letter showcasing your social media experience and outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
Please get in touch or apply today.
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. This placement is based in Camberley, Surrey and whilst we support hybrid working, we would expect the Graduate to be in the office at a minimum 2 days per week.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.